Wednesday, March 17, 2010

spring break eve.

my boss paul is about the funniest grown man, i know -- besides my daddy. we were talking today about how there are no dating books available for college students. there are PLENTY of dating books centered around young adults, teens, divorced adults, and the elderly (okay, maybe not so much on the last one). for adults and college students, we're left with books entitled before the ring, before you get engaged, how to build a win-win marriage, etc. since when does graduating college (or even being admitted into college) exempt you from having answers to questions on just dating? anyways, i jokingly said that i should write one. he encouraged me. then i thought about it. i could never write a book on dating. let's just be honest here: my college career is marked with heartbreak, a few random make-outs, and shameless flirting trying desperately (in all the wrong ways) to find a godly man...all until i stumbled upon the man who could actually handle me. i have tons of advice to give (that i should've listened to myself), but i don't have the actual experience that makes writing a book like that plausible, or even feasible. i don't think i'm the best authoritative candidate for that presupposed book.

tonight is one of those shameless nights i'm having where i'm sad for no apparent reason. every now & then, these nights sneak up on me, but tonight it's hitting hard. i think it's because no one is home, and i've had no plans tonight so i'm just kind of existing. i've been saying for the past two hours that i should just go to bed, but i just can't drag myself to do it. i think i don't just want to go to bed because tomorrow marks the beginning of my spring break, and nothing eventful is happening -- which is what i need (i am desperate for REST), but not exactly the spring break that will be worthy of a facebook album.

my friend asked me if i had written anything lately. i told him "no." i used to share a lot of different poetry and songs with this friend, and i found that my poetic genius literally gushed from me whenever i was sad. i guess i should be grateful not to have written anything of those sorts lately (a.k.a. i am happy), but i do miss it a smidge.

okay, happy news: adam is probably getting phara on friday or saturday! i am so excited for a cat that i can hardly stand it. i love dogs, but cats are by far my favorite. andrea came up with "pharie" as alternative name, and it sticks...for me, at least. i cannot wait to spoil this baby girl from the humane society!! :D

okay, time to pray myself out of this funk.
i have been listening to the Devil's lies for too many hours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment