Friday, March 5, 2010

honey lemon tea + cinnamon granola = divine

thursday + friday + saturday + sunday = making up for my mortifying monday, tuesday, and wednesday.
they completely did. i'm not nauseated thinking about the beginning of the week anymore, so i believe that's a great sign.




mango chicken is my new favorite dish. my good friend ashley and i friend up some chicken with garlic and threw in some fresh mango ~ YUMMO. i've always thrown in lots of veggies when making dinner, but i just bought a fresh pineapple and am thinking about throwing that in for my next meal.

this whole bronchitis-like cough and being sick for the past month is getting really old. i'm drinking honey lemon tea (fresh lemon!), and it's soothing, but i'm actually scared to go to bed at night because i hate waking up coughing during the middle of the night.



i think my nephew is the sweetest because i was looking at his candy, and i said that peanut butter was my favorite, so he gave me his reese's egg. i love him.

my boyfriend is pretty sweet too, i suppose. :) maybe these spring flowers make me wanna say that. but most of the time, i just want to shout how happy he makes me and how i'm so glad he's my best friend!







adam & i went to saugatuck on saturday and walked around in the sunshine and window-shopped. I LOVE THIS 45 DEGREE (10 day forecast showed 55 on tuesday! ohmygosh!) WEATHER AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE BEING IN SAUGATUCK WITH MY SWEETHEART.

this blog was way too random.
maybe because i tried to write it over many days and just saved the drafts.





on our way home the other day, adam & i were listening to rascal flatts, and there's one part in "why" where i always get goosebumps & want to cry & tell people about my Jesus:

who told you life wasn't worth the fight? THEY WERE WRONG. THEY LIED.

as far as depression and suicide and sadness goes, i've been there. i know people who meet me on an acquaintance level have no idea the demons that held me captive for years. and i know how dark and absolutely suffocating and encapturing it is. and i really think that if someone had told me it wasn't worth the fight, i would not be here. instead, Jesus' love was literally poured out on me in so many different forms over the past few years: friends, mentors, experiences, moments, breaths. you can't escape His love. it.is.everywhere. and it changes you ~ even if you don't think it is.




1 comment:

  1. mm, mangos and chicken sound great. Pineapple and chicken does too, for that matter. I might have to try it soon; my mom actually made a dish the other night that included chicken and apples and it wasn't half bad! I loved your last paragraph of this blog..completely agreed. :)

    ReplyDelete