Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just a Small Town Girl.

I'd say that I'm a sucker for cheap thrills, but with the word "cheap" comes all sorts of ugly connotations: poorly made, not lasting, not worth much. While these thrills I speak of were short-lived, they were far from being worth little.

I've worked 6 days in a row, and today on my day off, I chose the thrills of family. I hit the snooze only once before fumbling out of bed at 8:38am and drove to the place where I chose happiness with those I love. The feelings of warm tea and muffins in my belly while watching the snow fall outside. The smell of babies and kiddies that are mine. The laugh of a sister. Spilled water glasses and play-doh flying everywhere. Servers mistaking Everett as my own (not that I minded...or corrected them). Lots...and lots of napkins.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was just the way I wanted to start my morning.

And then, to finish off my night with some of my favorite boys. Board games. Charlotte's Web. Spilled chocolate milk and mandarin oranges. Baby bird faces. Sneaking chocolate treats with Uncle Adam...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yet amidst it all, four hours of editing was finished for my photography business. And to really top it all off? THE LAUNDRY GOT DONE.

I couldn't have asked for a better day off.

1 comment:

  1. i love this! i am glad i got to share your day off with you and the fam :-]

    ReplyDelete