Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Blog.

One year ago today, I started writing the blog that would help transform my creative spirit. Let's see how I lived up to the expectations set for myself in my first blog here.

2010 will be a great year. i've been waiting for this year for a while. what is to come?
diplomas. job offers. new apartments. diamonds, perhaps? :)

Check, check, check. Oh, and CHECK. While I wouldn't be so bold as to venture to sum up a year with so many monumental benchmarks, I will say that I am happy. A year ago, I wasn't. I found myself in a social rut, and a personal daily struggle to be happy where I was. I was living life on the edge of a sanity I fought hard and persistently to protect. Today, I may not wake up every morning rejoicing for the dawn of a new day (not to say that I shouldn't, but have you stepped outside lately? 20 degree weather is not my cup of tea.), but I wake up with hope. Every single day. Hope in new possibilities. For work, for my relationships, for life.

We've come a long ways; me and my little blog. So here's to hopin', sweet thang. Hoping for a year filled with stories, lessons, and pictures of beauty to write about. Right here, at my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment