Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello, 2011. I've been expecting you.

I've had a problem with blogging lately. I've started over five blogs in the past month, but just can't seem to finish anything. And I so desperately wanted to blog about Christmas and my love for all things tradition, but this Christmas seemed so different not being home for days upon days or following the same Christmas Eve traditions. And then I caught a bug I just couldn't seem to shake until just a few days ago, and...and...lame excuse after lame excuse. I loved being with my parents and those I love the most. Christmas came and went, and I welcomed the calm of the ordinary. I embraced the everydayness of life without parties, presents, and soaring odometers.

And after doing all the laundry, putting away all the presents, and switching back to a more normal diet free of gravy-topped potatoes and chocolate creme pies, I've found myself here.

Nestled in my chair with a cup of loose leaf British tea and an old book.

And I couldn't be happier.

I have blessed beyond what I could have hoped for or imagined. And I know it.

Now onto the New Year. For fun, I'll pop the cork off 2011 with three things off my resolution list.
1. Blog 5 times per month (off to a great start).
2. Pay off debt before getting married in August.
3. GAIN 10 pounds (and yes, I meant gain...as in "add" - "in addition" - "plus"). So grateful to have that luxury.

Any resolutions over there in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment