Wednesday, November 10, 2010

create.

"All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if its a work of art or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and its you, out in the world, out side of you and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" ~ P.S. I Love You


Whether its creating cookies or music, blogs or a work of art, I try to create every day. Because Hilary Swank made a great point - you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does. Right now, I am coming into my adult life; determining what I want to do with my life, how I want to spend my time, who I want to be with. Right now, I want to create. I want to find out and develop myself as much as I can. And in my house, my kids will create. Every day. My figurative kids, that is. I would even ask my pets to create, but I'm afraid the only things they can create are hairballs and poop.

A week of creation:

1) First try at home-made ravioli. As in, making noodles from flour, eggs, and water. We then created a stuffing of mushrooms and ricotta cheese. For a first attempt, it was alllllright, ha. Let's just say next time, we'll cook the noodles a little bit longer. At least we tried!

2) Pumpkin chocolate-chip muffins. Normally, I make the mini-loaves of bread. But I just got muffin tins for my birthday, so I thought I'd give them a try...with MINI chocolate-chips. Absolutely delicious. Definitely will be making more. Maybe tomorrow.


3) Creating friends out of stuffed animals with my oldest nephew. Pretending they're trying to eat our dinner. And "letting" them eat our vegetables so we don't have to eat them ourselves.

And creating special tents with my younger nephew that keep us safe from pretend storms that BOOM! and CRACK! for hours and hours on end. Bringing Halloween candy bags to "bomb" the monsters and eating Andes mints for our daily breakfast.

4) And quite possibly my favorite creation of the week: My parents, my boyfriend, and I attended a wedding this past weekend. We danced and ate and laughed. And people watched: creating scenarios for the greasy-haired man seducing the two ladies who had had just a little too much to drink. And then we created new dance moves.

And definitely re-created some old moves that would "wow" any crowd. :)


And what a week it was. Today, I created this blog. And showered. And sewed on a button. And washed the dishes. Did I mention that I showered?

It's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment